Pages

4.9.12

My Current Read

In honor of the new movie coming out with Emma Watson, The Perks of Being a Wallflower,


 I've decided to reread the book.  To be honest I didn't remember the book too well, just enough to know that I enjoyed reading it.  Last night I picked it up and then I couldn't put it down.  The author writes from Charlie's perspective who is writing letters to a "friend."  I love that the book comes from Charlie's perspective because one of the themes in the novel is the way Charlie's keen insight and ability to watch others is a remarkable gift but how it also tends to take away from his actually participating. 

The novel has so many keen insights into life and adolescence that I am continually underlining and starring lines in the book.  I'd like to quote a line I got from the book that I think relates to blogging. 

"As I walked up the stairs to my dad's old room, and I was looking at the old photographs, I started thinking that there was a time when these weren't memories.  That someone actually took that photograph, and the people in the photograph had just eaten lunch or something."

I think this is a comment on living life in the moment.  That often we can look back and think of how wonderful a time or memory was but it is rare that we are actually aware of how special these moments are as they actually come.  I think for me blogging helps me to be aware of how special the moments in my life are when I'm actually living them.  That these are the moments and the pictures I'll think back on.

Anyway, if you haven't read it you really should.  I think the book has something to offer everyone. 

5 comments:

  1. I will defiantly pick up the book. I love reading the book before the movie and comparing the two. I just finished my current read, thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to start a new book lately. maybe I will give this one a try. From your description it sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this one, but I've heard great things about it! Guess it will be on my list for my next trip to the library!

    Thanks for the suggestion :)

    xoxo Jess

    Dog Problems

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah this movie looks so cute! i remember starting to read this book years and years ago... i should pick it up again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't started my copy yet, but looking forward to it now :) x

    ReplyDelete