Pages

11.8.12

My Cousin's Concert

Is there anything more exciting to watch than watching someone do what they do best?  With the Olympics on TV and going to my cousin's concert, I started to think about that.  What a thrill it is to watch someone perform.
On Thursday night I went to Coach House in San Juan Capistrano to watch my cousin's band Chief Resolve perform.  Although he is only 19, he is super talented.  He's been playing guitar since he could hold one.  I remember when we were little, we would get together on Christmas Eve.  Us four cousins would practice all night, Zach on guitar, me on keyboard, and the little sisters singing.  At the end of the night we would perform Noel for the parents.  That's about as far as my musical career went, but Zach has continued to aspire into a great musician.  I've been watching him play for years and I still feel so proud and in awe of what he can do on stage with a guitar.
The band played really well, and their front man Joe is very entertaining.  I think they have a lot of potential but I might have a biased opinion ;).

Here is them performing a cover of the song "The Funeral" by Band of Horses.  They perform mostly their own stuff and throw in a few covers here and there.

Rallying the crowd.
 My cousin is in the blue.
 Guitar love.
 "Should we play another song??"
At the end of the set the whole crowd begged for another song and after a little debate the band just went with it.  It was a great night and I feel blessed to have such an entertainer in my family.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment