Pages

15.4.13

Only in San Francisco

I have so many things to blog about but this last Saturday was just too nice and too weird to go any longer without a post.  I met up with a friend from college this Saturday afternoon, and the weather was just too nice not to be outside.  My roommate recommended we check out a place called "Albany Bulb."  He described it as "really cool," and an "old landmine that homeless people made into art" and more vague  descriptions not really leaving me with much to go on.  So we decided to check it out.

We parked in front of a little pretty beach, with a nice view of the city.




After sitting by the beach for awhile we went searching for this "trash into art."

Man made out of scrap metal. "Welcome"

Dr. Zeus character hanging out




Man on a dragon.





Paint was still wet in here.





Rubik's cube?

I should also mention, that in between this art were peoples homes, made out of tents and trash, and there seemed to be an odd community out here the bulb.  A radio played Shania Twain outside one tent, and in another a disheveled old man played horse shoes by himself.  Such an odd but cool place making me think to myself an expression becoming much more common to me: "Only in San Francisco"


1 comment: